Sunday, September 24, 2006






WHAT IS JOY TIME? Well, here I am again in front of my computer in Japan, trying to think of what to tell everyone, how to explain 'what's been going on.' But putting that aside for now, I'll tell you what WILL be going on. Naoko is at work right now (10 pm) but she'll be home soon and we'll probably have some sweets together or something. she always needs the chocolate or puffy bread or something. funnyyyyyy. anyway, she has the day off tomorrow, so we'll be able to relax together for a while anyhow. Then I guess Naoko is going to a dinner party with some old friends of hers from Ito (her hometown). Later in the evening I'll be heading into Tokyo for a party at my friend Aki's new apartment. That's exactly why he's having a party in fact, he moved into a new apartment with Noriko!!! yeyayya. Should be funn. Then on Tuesday I have a meeting with some people I don't know. I got a call earlier this evening from one Kurumi, she's a mother of a 1 year old boy that she feels should grow up being familiar with English, so I'm going for an "interview" with her kid and I might end up meeting with them a couple times during the week to read stories to her boy and play some English games with him (sounds like I'm going to teach him cricket or rugby or something). I'm very excited to meet these people and give them my best so I can possibly be a help for them. And of course I would get paid, that would be wonderful. On Thursday I'll work at the Cafe Leafcup in tokyo and hopefully they will want me back as well. I'm continuing to post ads on various websites I find and hopefully the more posts I make, the more contacts about jobs I'll recieve. It can't work any other way, now can it!??! nope... Yesterday I met up with Maki around Makuhari, Chiba near the ocean. We ended up taking a walk to the beach and had a nice time hanging out together. Kazu left and is back in Seattle now, and Naoko is usually away so we were able to fight our lonelinesses together! teamwork!!! Today, I took a hike across town and visited the great statue of 'kannon.' I guess it was built in 1934, initially, but then the war prevented a quick construction so it was not finished until 1956 or so. It is definitely big and looks amazingly serene when you get up close to it. it's just concrete!! Looks nice though. enjoy the movie!!!! love to all Oh yeah, I saw some new pictures of little Theo and he looks marvelous, what a little bundle of wonders. =tyler tyler

5 Comments:

Blogger Lydia said...

I think "joy time" might be playing rugby with a one-year old... ! How did Kurumi find you? through one of your ads? cool. hope the one year old doesn't have fingers small enough to mess with your nose ring!!! ouch.

11:26 PM  
Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

tyler tyler tyler - we talked to you on the phone last night, what a treat. It was great to see your blog and get a glimpse of everything you had told us about! Glad you like the Theo pics - I will send some to your email as well. Dad may put together a few video clips of him to post on my blog. Hello Naoko and Aya (I am probably spelling that wrong, so please correct me!) Love, Mom

5:08 AM  
Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

Regarding the "english" games, I'm pretty sure pat-a-cake could substitute for rugby in this case. That leads Doug and I to the conclusion that you should just sing to him. Teach him Raffi songs and little fishies songs and puff and toot - you know? Let us know if you need help with lyrics, but if you took your guitar w/ you - what could be more fun for a one-year-old?

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey tyler. in the video of the head statue, is that Buddha?
I am sitting in my huge empty room right now, drinking australian stout. In a few days Im moving up to 15th to a small studio apartment. I think chris is staying here after I move but right now he's at the grocery store buying me some cake.
its weird not seeing you around anymore.
love adam davis stockman

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have never appeared taller Tyler.

Love
Samantha

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home