Friday, September 08, 2006

umeboshi umeboshi






Today I'll post these photos for viewing pleasure! I had a most amazing experience today traveling one station over to kamakura. I basically got to see a part of japan stuck in the 70's full of sweeeet coffee shops (kissaten). This one was called Jean Clielle or some French name, the lady in the picture spoke the english she learned in high school to me, we had a nice conversation. The coffee maker is "dutch" style. "I don't know why it 's dutch style!," she said. Wonderful day.Tomorrow I have a "job" with Mino being a server person at a wedding party he is organizing. Should be good! =tyler

2 Comments:

Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

Love the pictures! Is that the lady at the Jean Clielle coffee shop? I just went to the Leafcup website and read a lot of it. Pretty crazy. Let us know how the conversation practice works out.

10:20 PM  
Blogger SL said...

There is a coffee shop in Bellingham called Kissaten. I always wondered what it meant. Thanks for the lesson.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home