Sunday, September 03, 2006

the plane didn't crash this time

here I am alive and well in kamakura, japan. about 45 min south of tokyo in the oceanside kanagawa prefecture. Kazu and I had an extremely tiring adventure last night. It involved leaving the airpot after meeting maki there, then going to her apartment so kazu could drop off some stuff, then we took an interesting route and finally met naoko in shinagawa, then she and I headed here on the train. too much train for one day!!!!! especially after sitting on the plane for 9 hours, but I'm happy to be here finally so I suppose I shan't complain any longer! Touji is over here right now and it's nice to see him and have broken conversations. Naoko is a genius and helped me acclimate my laptop in order to connect to the internet here at her apartment, so as soon as I can find the right digital camera I'll be posting plenty of photos along with these rambles. today we actually just took a look around at some cameras and they seem to be quite affordable and great! The only problem is that I need to find a mastercard-friendly international ATM so I can withdraw some yen from my bank account. but I have just been informed that maybe the camera shop will take my card as a credit card, anyways, before long I'll take photos non-stop possibly. thanks

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT to hear from you Tyler! Glad the plane was a safe flight. Too much sitting to get there. Did the guitar get on as carry-on? That way you could lead the passengers in song. Hi to Naoko! I miss you. Send pictures of you two when you can. Thanks to Kazu for flying with you. We are back in Bellingham this weekend. It is now 8 a.m. Sunday morning, 1 a.m. for you on Monday! or Tuesday or even Friday! Theodore is wonderful and Andy and Sarah are making him to be quite the boy! Take care and Keep on Bloggin'!! But have fun first.
-Dad

12:04 AM  
Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

Hi Tyler - Glad to hear the camera hunting is going well. How many hours of sleep have you had since you left Seattle? Danny came to B'ham with us. We are having a Theo fest!
Love,
Mom

12:10 AM  
Blogger Six said...

I read the blog too. Isn't it just shant? And someone should link to Andy's blog somewhere... I dun think I have it.

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home