Sunday, October 01, 2006

nevertheless wondering wanderer




I need to buy a microphone cable. Of the two that I brought with me, neither one of them are functioning very well. I just plug them in and here "crackle crackle zipploy" and I can't really record anything musically and clearly like that! So tomorrow before my shift at the English cafe I think I'll head on over to Ochanomizu for some extreme musical instrument shopping. The town 'Ochanomizu' is really interesting and I haven't yet seen it this time in Japan. A crowded music shop is packed to the ceiling and front door with guitars, basses, violins, keyboards, african drums, everything you can imagine. And it's not just one store either, there are literally about 20 or so that have all the same offerings. Totally insane. So I'll be there tomorrow and then afterward I'm going back into the paid conversation world. Maybe we'll talk about alternative energy sources again! Or maybe whether mandatory foreign language classes have a proper place in the Japanese school system. I met a professional koto player last time, and she also studied surfing in Hawaii. After my first day working there I'm all the more excited to find out whatever these new faces are thinking! Last night I hung out with Noriko and Aki in there place, it was very fun funf . Today was pretty slow, just cooked some sweet potato, shiitake, tofu, bok choy stew. tasty tsasy! sado alright hope you are still out there! love, tylerrrrr

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are making me want to go to Ochanomizu! I love stores piled high with items. Hopefully you can get a deal! Crackling microphones are really sad. Perhaps you'll come across some other cool item(s).
DadDoug

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home