Monday, November 20, 2006

into the mountains











Today is Monday monday. This past weekend I spent my time in the mountains at yamanaka lake. It's right at the base of Mt. Fuji but naturally the fog and drizzly rain did not allow us a very nice view. Fuji san where were you? I could see your rocky waist but you never woke up to say good morning! This area of Japan feels so much like Washington and it was so cold! Quite amazing to get away from light pollution, air pollution, overpopulation, etc, in Tokyo and head of to a log cabin with funny people. I was a teacher for 4 or 5 students at the English Camp and we studied some pronunciation and grammar, then had a nice discussion about some current events in Japan. How about riding on a boat that looks like a giant swan? I did it. We also had the oppurtunity to go to an onsen and bathed, bathed, bathed, together, together, together (seperated by sex, of course). To bad I couldn't take my camera into the baths. This onsen was really cool because it had an outside pool filled with volcanic water (what's that?) so the air was really steamy and cold, but the bath was hot hot hot! so nice. felt like an animal in the wild!!! Today I"m meeting with yuki again for what should be the final cut and color, then tomorrow I have to put on some clothes they bought for me and go to Yokohama for the show! yeeeee. Well, enjoy the photos! =tyler tyler

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

inital thought.... 'that's pretty strange'.... but oh so interesting! Quite a nice look at the woods! Very inviting. So, there needs to be a name given to the 'haircut that never ends!'
Dad

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home